What makes 2021 exciting? The new Web Design trends. So if you are a sucker for web design fused with the trend, this article is your happy place. Rumor has it that this year’s web design theme is a blend of digital and something ordinary, which couldn’t have been better as today, people prefer realism (which is also the trend). But before we give you a peek at our list, let’s make a quick stop at some details about web design.
What is web design?
Web design is an amalgamation of all the elements present in a website that we see while operating the internet. In web design, it is more about the user experience rather than the software’s potential.
The evolution of web design trends
We are all aware that design trends keep evolving according to various factors like diversity, concept, and the same implies for web design. With time, web design has witnessed multiple trends which have created history and a lesson. So let’s have a look at some of the web design trends we loved.
- Flash animation (95-2003)-In marketing, flash animation was a great, bold, and flashy way of convincing the audiences to visit the websites and garner attention.
- White Space (2000)– A phase where designers intervened and introduced a cleaner layout for the customers to emphasize the importance of content rather than adding bright colors, graphics, or anything flashy. It was time to play simple.
- Web2.0 (2003-2010)– The episode when simple started being dull and uninspiring, it was time to bring in interactive and exciting content. Web2.0 became a new outlook and concept to convince visitors and entertain them with UX, which is still relevant to date.
- Skeuomorphic design (2010-2012)– With the growth in technology and design skills, it opened ways for creativity to another level. The websites saw a high rise to customization, starting from cursors, backgrounds, icons, and more. All these initiations were done to offer users a unique experience, and a merge between technology and the natural world was formed.
- Infinite scrolling (2014-2016)– With social media platforms booming and mobile users increasing, infinite scrolling was an attempt to create a comfort level, especially for mobile users, and break down the website into various sections with a more extended page layout.
- A minimalist design (present)– With technology playing a significant role in our lives, many pop-ups with retailers and services around are hard to ignore. Hence, to make things a little less overwhelming, minimalist design is born.
Web Design Trends We Love
After going through the evolution of web design trends, it’s time to come back to the present and look at the list of 2021 web design trends we love:
Neumorphism being the successor of skeuomorphism exhibits a merge of both trends. It allows a better and more authentic experience and intensifies the user’s connection. You can expect to encounter this style on buttons, text boxes, and search bars across various platforms.
Although the retro style was popular during the 80s and 90s, it hasn’t lost its charm even today. Retro fonts may have come across a few bumps, but it’s back again with new stylization and a different approach to art and design. With retro fonts stepping into its game, traditional fonts are looking fabulous and modern.
Web animation is hitting hard, especially with the introduction of parallax animation, which serves as an optical illusion for the users as the objects closer to their point of view seem to proceed faster than objects afar. These might come as an everyday experience, but their result on web pages is very surreal.
Augmented Reality (AR)
With the implementation of creative and new strategies, web design also emphasizes AR as one of the elements to help advertise and sell products by entertaining the potential customers with the AR experience while surfing for products online.
Today, introducing high-resolution screens has created an excellent platform for 3D design to showcase its elements with seamless visuals and a smooth user experience. Many websites are getting creative by bringing out the minimal yet sophisticated impression with 3D designs. It creates an aura of greatness, strength, and an experience of a whole different world.
Color schemes play a significant role in elaborating and enhancing any element in web design. And like design trends, color trends keep evolving too. Last year, gradients were doing the rounds, but in 2021, 3D color is here to take over. 3D colors are exciting due to their natural transitions executed by delicate shading, which adds life to the icons.
Easy on the eye
Today, most of our work demands us to be on screen, and designers have also noticed how staring at the screen for an extended period can be strenuous. Because of such scenarios, designers will focus on making the web site’s color scheme calming, relaxing, and eye-friendly, hoping that more visitors will step in due to comfort—no wonder the dark- mode is still trending. For example, even top escort sites like SkipTheGames and other adult websites are implementing design elements to keep users on their site.
Keep your eyes on web design trends
Being someone who follows web design trends, it is necessary to stay alert regarding any new web design trends hitting the market. That way, you can make use of all the possible aspects the new design has to offer. Here are few tips on how you can keep your spying game strong:
- Subscribe to various blogs which provide updates on trends
- Socialize with web designers via social platforms
- Join or contribute to online communities that deal with web design
- Read the latest content on web design
- Do keep an eye on high-ranking web design websites and keep track of their latest inputs
- Put on alert/notification so that when anything hot hits the internet, you will be informed
We hope you enjoyed our list, and make sure to try out all these trends. If you are hungry for more, you can always make a quick stop here for the latest and trendiest topics in town. Happy browsing!